?
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 5, 2007

"Russian Intelligence Expert Shot, Critically Injured, at Home Near Washington"

So reads the headline at Foxnews.com from Sunday, March 04, 2007, about Russian Intelligence expert, Paul Joyal. On the previous Sunday, Joyal, 53, was intereviewed on Dateline NBC and is quoted as saying:

"A message has been communicated to anyone who wants to speak out against the Kremlin: If you do, no matter who you are, where you are, we will find you, and we will silence you--in the most horrible way possible."

Then, he's shot. In an apparently "random robbery and street shooting."

Do you believe that?

I don't. It's entirely too coincidental that a week after this man speaks out, he's nearly killed.

Want another interesting tidbit?

He was an acquaintance of Alexander Litvinenko, a former KGB and FSB colonel poisoned/murdered last year. Both were vocal critics of the Kremlin. Just like Anna Politkovskaya who was shot dead in Moscow. Litvinenko had been investigating her murder at the time of his murder. Joyal incriminated the Kremlin over Litvinenko's murder at the time of his shooting.

Random robbery? I sincerely doubt it.
------------------------------------------------------------

I don't take pleasure in these tragedies. Lives are lost. However, it's awakening my mind, and hopefully I'm not the only one taking note of the world's events. But, the depth of all this is absolutely fascinating and intriguing for me as a novelist since I've just signed with top agent Steve Laube, who will pitch my spy novel, Midnight Zone, to CBA publishers. My story is about a former Russian double agent, Jirina Havlicek, and American Spy, Declan Burke.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing when I read that. It seems the spy games of the cold war are back in full vigor. And oh what fun for the spy writer.

Dineen A. Miller said...

Hey girl! Love the blog. What a gorgeous header! Who did that? Oh, wait. I know. Me! LOL!

Can't wait to see Midnight Zone in print! Woohooooooo!!!

MaryLu Tyndall said...

Ronie, Great Blog and I just love the design that Dineen did! She's awesome, huh? I'm so excited to see Midnight Zone in print. It sounds intriguing
MaryLu

Candice Speare said...

Great new blog, Ronie! I'm glad you're doing this. Dineen did an awesome job!

Steve Miller said...

You signed with Steve Laube? Oooh. Aaaah.

Steve Miller said...

Oh, BTW, I really like your blog layout, too.

Ronie Kendig said...

Ron - Can you really believe they brought it to our (US) turf? They're quite brazen. And yes--loads of fun for us.

Neen - Doncha love the new look? Thsi hot mama created it for me. LOL

MaryLu - SOO glad you came by. Neen's da bomb. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Ya'll are great to me. I can't wait to see MZ in print, too. :-D It's hard to fathom that it's getting closer and closer to reality.

SA - Yep, signed with the Infamous Steve Laube on 2/15. :-D

Lisa Harris said...

Love the header! How cool is that? And as a fellow writer isn't it amazing how one tidbit of information, one glance into someone's face, or even a vivid dream can spark the imagination for an entire book.

Write on, girl!

Lisa
http://myblogintheheartofafrica.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the blog!

I'm SO ready to HOLD a copy of MZ in my hands! I'll even BUY a copy since I know how important sales #s are! LOL But you do have to autograph it for me!

Gina Conroy said...

Great blog and header! You need to add it to the Writer...Interrupted webring!

I love this kind of stuff, though I can't imagine having what it takes to write it!